THE ULTIMATE HOMEMADE “FERRERO ROCHER”
These raw vegan homemade “Ferrero Rocher” balls are amazing, better than the original, and also they are full of nutrients, lower in calories, dairy free and refined sugar free!
- Course Dessert
- Cuisine Healthy, Vegan
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 20 servings
- 1 cup Raw cashew
- 3 TBSP Agave or maple syrup
- 3 TBSP Raw tahini or an unsalted butter
- 2-3 TBSP Raw cacao powder Preferably organic
- 20 whole Hazelnuts
- 2 TBSP Hazelnuts Roughly grated (5 seconds in the blender)
- 2 TBSP Buckwheat Roughly grated (5 seconds in the blender)
- 120 gr Raw dark chocolate
- Salt pinch
- In a high speed blender, grind down the cashews until powdered.
- In a bowl mix the ground cashews with the maple/agave syrup, tahini and cacao powder. Mix well
- On a low heat using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate (it will be much quicker if you pre-grate the chocolate first) Try to keep it under 42º so it stays raw and all the nutrients are kept safe inside.
- Prepare 2 small bowls, one with rough buckwheat flour and one with rough hazelnut flour.
- Form small balls from the cashew mixture placing a hazelnut inside each ball, squeeze it well. Cover with a good coating of buckwheat. Continue with the other ones.
- Next step is drop them one by one into the melted chocolate and fish them out with a fork. Keep any left over chocolate for later.
- Drop the balls in to the bowl with hazelnuts and cover well by shaking. Place the balls on foil or baking paper. Repeat with all of the balls.
- Place in the fridge for around 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- In the meantime put the left over chocolate back on the double boiler, don’t have the heat on, just for a few minutes until it becomes runny again. If it becomes to thick and gloppy add a tsp of oil of choice and mix well
- Take the “Ferrero Rocher” balls from the fridge. Prepare the chocolate on your left side. Pour 1 TBSP of chocolate on your hand and take one ball and cover it with the chocolate, yes use your hands its fun! This layer has to be thinner so the nuts are visible
- Continue in the same way for the rest of the vegan raw homemade “Ferrero Rocher” balls. Leave them to set at room temperature or pop them into the fridge and eat with pleasure!